Little Letter Learning - B

 


Finally back again! The letter B, our 18th letter. This one I held her back on, we took a whole week to do it and it was a good thing for sure. It gave us some time to keep getting everything else caught up.

Shapes: none, send ideas.

Action: bark like a dog, bounce, balance on one foot, blink

Books:

  • Paul Meets Bernadette - Rosy Lamb
    • So I really enjoy this book. Paul and Bernadette are fish, Paul just swims in circles until he meets Bernadette! Bernadette shows him all sorts of things, so fun to see what she comes up with and a great way to challenge kids to recognize different objects. It is such a cute little book!
  • Otto the Book Bear - Katie Cleminson
    • Oh my goodness, this one. I also love this one. Otto is a book bear, but he gets left behind, so he has to find a new home. The one he DOES find fits him perfectly and also provides him with friends!
  • Grumpy Bird - Jeremy Tankard
    • This one is off the list now. I cannot say I thoroughly dislike it, I just do not like it enough to keep it on the list for Boogs. Bird wakes up grumpy and decides to walk instead of fly, lots of his friends show up on his journey and join him. I am not a big fan of his responses, which is why it will not remain on this list. I could do without the bad attitude, I think it comes naturally for children and they do not need it modelled for them in books or television shows.
  • Bunny's Bookclub - Annie Silvestro
    • I added this one a few months ago when I grabbed it off the shelf at the library. I grabbed it because it is so pretty, but I do love it. Bunny starts going to the library and all the sudden, all of her friends want to go as well! This ends up with all of them getting library cards and starting a book club. They love to sit and read books together! Super sweet!
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? - Eric Carle
    • As usual, Eric Carle, not my favorite, although I do enjoy this one! My son loves it, for awhile it was "I see, I see!" every single morning so I would read it to him. It does have the whole classroom/teacher vibe, which is terribly interesting since we will not be having a traditional setting BUT, we do have different teacher settings so it is good for her to see it!
  • Brontorina - James Howe
    • This one was also removed from the list, not because it is bad, but because we have too many other books on the list we like better. Not terribly into the whole dance situation and the dinosaur thing is kind of weird, but if you like ballet and dancing and all the things there, seriously, you would love it! It is a cute book, just not our style.
  • Baby Brains - Simon James
    • I do not enjoy this one either. Off the list!
  • Three Bears in a Boat - David Soman
    • Adorable book, beautiful pictures, great story! The three bears are trying to reach the top shelf and knock their mama's favorite decoration off and break it...so they head off to search for a replacement. The trip becomes a bit of an experience. When they get home, they find what they are looking for where they least expect it and their mama is so glad to see them!
  • Goldilocks and Just One Bear - Leigh Hodgkinson
    • SUCH a fun twist on Goldilocks. It reverses the story and it is just adorable. Normally a book I most likely would not pick up, but surely worth it!
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault
    • A classic, pretty fun, we own it, a little challenging when trying to teach capital letters since it is almost all in lower case. I didn't use this a lot but plan to this summer when we are working on our memory! Another thing I plan to use is Dr. Seuss's ABC book!
  • Barnyard Dance - Sandra Boynton 
    • Super fun, I also used it for the letter D!
  • Little Blue Truck - Alice Schertle
    • I also used this one in either L or T...possibly both!
  • Benjamin's Barn - Reeve Lindbergh
    • Such a sweet little book that I picked up at a sale. It is sweet and adorable. Benjamin's barn has space for so many different people and things, it is nice and warm in there and there is always plenty of room. I love the pictures in this one.
  • Brave Bitsy and the Bear - Angela McAllister
    • Another one I picked up at a sale, another one with beautiful pictures, you will find I just love pretty books! (And also fun to read ones.) Bitsy falls out of her girls pocket and makes good friends with a bear who helps her get home, but she has to return the favor and makes a fantastic friend in the process. She is a self-sacrificing, kind friend and encourager, I love those qualities and want to encourage them in my children for sure!
Hope the letters are going well for you! I am excited to see what different books we are drawn to next time with the Boogsman, but these ones are turning out to be pretty perfect for us right now! If you like chapter books, I would recommend "The Buddy Files" with this one. We read them awhile ago and really enjoyed them!

- Mama

Comments

Popular Posts