Little Letter Learning - U

 


Our 20th letter - the letter U! This one was not very difficult for her, I think she figured it out somehow prior to us learning it, so we only spent one day on it and I did not love all the recommended books, so this one will be a pretty short little thing! 

Shapes: none!

Actions: hold an umbrella, duck under something

Books: 

  • Up Above and Down Below - Sue Redding
    • This one is a cute little book, I really enjoyed the pictures. It shows both what is happening above and under the ground and talks about it too! It was very appropriate as we have been getting the garden planted and everything recently. I recommend at any time though!
  • The Big Umbrella - Amy June Bates and Juniper Bates
    • So this is one we got before and I just happened to see it at the library the week we were getting ready to do the letter U! It is amazing how many books you FORGET! Good grief! I am trying to be more mindful of books we get and add them to the list as I go. Anyway, this is about, obviously, an umbrella, and, somehow, there is always room for whoever wants to use it, and it is very useful!
  • Underwear! - Mary Elise Monsell and Lynn Musinger
    • Oh my goodness. I thought this was just an adorable little book. I forget all their cute little names, but there is a grumpy buffalo and he refuses to wear underwear...ultimately...it ends up being what cheers him up! Super adorable little book for sure!
I hope you enjoy U, it is not the most exciting, I wish I had more books and may need to get some more next time with Boogsie - let me know if you have any ideas!

- Mama

Comments

Popular Posts