Little Letter Learning - D


Here we go - the letter "D" is our 13th letter! She caught on to this one pretty quickly so we actually did it in less than a week, which was great.

Shape: diamond, decagon

Action: dance, waddle like a duck

Books:
  • The Doorbell Rang - Pat Hutchins
    • Such a cute little book. Cookies, friends, Mom, Grandma, best combinations ever! I liked the focus on hospitality, welcoming friends and sharing, it was super sweet!
  • The Dot - Peter H. Reynolds
    • If you are into creativity and art, this is a really cute little story about encouraging people to tap into their creativity. 
  • Dog Loves Drawing - Louise Yates
    • Dog is given a blank book and gets to make it come to life with his imagination and creativity, super cute little story! I love encouraging creativity (two books in a row here) and the imagination is the best. Bean already has an incredibly active imagination and books fostering it even more makes me happy.
  • Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb - Al Perkins
    • Always a cute one, we own this one and I think both of my kids know the "dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum" part! It's super fun, super short and easy to re-read!
  • The Happy Man and His Dump Truck - Miryam
    • A Little Golden Book - need I say more? A cute little story, perfect for little boys! My son has enjoyed it!
  • The Little Dump Truck - Margery Cuyler
    • Another fantastic little boy book, but my daughter enjoyed it too. It was a good story, talks about all the tasks the dump truck does throughout the day. They both enjoyed it.
  • Barnyard Dance - Sandra Boynton
    • We own this one too. Classic Boynton rhymes, cute little drawings, always fun books! It has been a well-used one here in our home. We enjoy square and line-dancing, so that makes it even more fun!
  • The Doll Hospital - Kallie George
    • Oddly enough, this one was given to us in a big bag of books. As a medical professional, previous doll lover and daughter of a mama who sews - I particularly love this book. My daughter is one of those things, she loves dolls, so it is a great book for her too! We adore this book, I just got it for my niece!
I hope you have been enjoying these books as much as we have. The letter learning has been going great at our house, she is loving it especially extra right now. Every morning she asks if we are learning a new letter...even if she isn't ready. It has been a great motivation for her too!

- Mama

Comments

Popular Posts